|Job Ref:||160003CO||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:04|
IT Applications Analysts - Senior #IN539 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for IT Applications Analysts - Senior #IN539 in Columbus, Indiana .
• Provide application functionality and recommendations to increase utilization of standard engine application and to improve business processes and IT capabilities.
• Determine and document optimum IT application setup and configuration to meet functional requirements of engine production and specifications.
• Utilize engineering knowledge for working strategic and tactical reporting objectives into IT solutions.
• Determine metrics and reports, identifies and tracks business problems and opportunities.
• Lead analytical work of IT projects and coordinate with functional, technical, and design stakeholders.
• Determine if metrics and report exist and determine formulas needed to generate metrics.
• Support ERP go-lives for mechanical and IT projects and work with business analysts, architect, and technical experts on solution requirements, design, configuration, functionality gap resolution, implementation, support, and maintenance.
• Utilize technical knowledge of Optimization techniques in mechanical systems to effectively support cross-functional IT needs.
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
• Provide expertise in emerging application and solution trends, functionality, and provide requirements for assigned applications and systems.
• Serve as subject matter expert and point of contact on IT content, processes, procedures, and functionality associated with assigned application for project and application support.
• Apply System Prototyping and Simulation skills to conduct early samples, models, or pre-release of a product built to test a concept.
• Trace requirements back to business and goals or objectives using IT Requirements analysis based on their relative value, risk, difficulty or implementation, urgency, and likelihood of success.
• Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions utilizing system development methodologies.
• Exercise solution assessment and validation to assess proposed solutions and ensure they meet delivery requirements.
• Apply IT system analysis techniques to compose or decompose a system into component pieces.
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Master's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Computer or Information Science, Management Information Systems or related field and 2 years of experience as a Programmer Analyst, Applications Engineer, Business Systems Analyst or related position.
• Alternatively, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Computer or Information Science, Management Information Systems or related field and 5 years of experience as a Programmer Analyst, Applications Engineer, Business Systems Analyst or related position.
Experience to include:
• Application Functionality and Recommendations;
• Optimum IT Application Setup and Configuration;
• Strategic and Tactical Reporting Objectives;
• ERP go-lives;
• Emerging Application and Solution Trends;
• System Prototyping and Simulation;
• IT Requirements Analysis;
• Solution Assessment and Validation;
• Optimization techniques in mechanical systems.
JOB SITE: Columbus, IN
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # IN539 .
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .