|Job Ref:||160003CF||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:05|
Operations/Manufacturing Leaders #IN501 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Emission Solutions Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Operations/Manufacturing Leaders #IN501 in Columbus, Indiana .
• Develop and implement manufacturing, materials and quality strategies to exceed customer requirements and stakeholder's expectations utilizing Design for manufacturing (DFMA) and robotic tooling design .
• Maintain customer relationships and collaboration through meeting customer expectations.
• Ensure Total Quality of products utilizing TS16949, QS9000, and ISO9000.
• Assist with materials planning, production control, maintenance and quality for cross-functional teams.
• Optimize materials and product flow processes by introducing Lean Manufacturing tools; 5's, value stream map, line balancing, and Kanban system.
• Perform Supply Chain project management through providing work plan, career path, training, and development to team members and ensuring that company policies and procedures are followed.
• Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), ensuring productivity and efficiency targets are achieved.
• Support projects and initiatives as critical part of continuous improvement processes utilizing Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and Six Sigma Methodologies including Design or Experiment (DOE), KJ, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
• Launch New Product Introduction (NPI) on timely manner while complying with quality, cost, finance and safety requirements.
• Perform Product and Operations management through developing Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
• Adjust resources and production capacity based on Synchronize Business Planning without compromising Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery metrics.
• Assist global projects realization and support global initiatives.
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or related field and two years of experience as a Manufacturing or Quality Engineer, Quality Product Leader, Production or Project Manager, Mechanical Engineer, or related position.
• Alternatively, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or related field and five years of experience as a Manufacturing or Quality Engineer, Quality Product Leader, Production or Project Manager, Mechanical Engineer, or related position.
Experience to include:
• Annual Operating Plan (AOP);
• Key Performance Indicators (KPI's);
• Six Sigma Methodologies including Design or Experiment (DOE), KJ, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA);
• TS16949, QS9000, and ISO9000;
• Lean Manufacturing tools;
• 5's, value stream map, line balancing, and Kanban system;
• New Product Introduction (NPI);
• Supply Chain project management;
• Design for manufacturing (DFMA) and robotic tooling design;
• Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
JOB SITE: Columbus, IN
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # IN501 .
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .