|Job Ref:||160003CC||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:05|
Quality Engineers - Senior #IN541 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Fuel Systems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Quality Engineers - Senior #IN541 in Columbus, Indiana .
• Apply the principles of product quality planning, evaluation, and control in support of manufacturing and installation operations.
• Responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues such as Corrective Action Requests (CAR), Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR), and Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR).
• Provide plans and procedures to support containment activity on Machining and assembly defects.
• Facilitate continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects, and ensures continual improvement in process and product design.
• Ensure products and process development meet quality standards.
• Identify problems, prioritize actions, participate in Six Sigma projects utilizing 7 Step Problem Solving Technique and Six Sigma DMAIC and Fault Tree Analysis.
• Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, analyzing data for decision support, and presenting results to plant leadership.
• Complete audits of processes and quality systems.
• Support Product Part Approval Process (PPAP) on new product launches and current product changes.
• Serves as a quality technical resource to other functional areas.
• Apply knowledge of Value Package Introduction (VPI) Process to cross functional activities.
• Oversee source release process of components produced in VPI machining and assembly.
• Confer with assembly plants on global level with introduction of new products (NPI) and manufacturing processes.
• Identify and integrate design and process control, management responsibility, and document control utilizing Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R).
• Use knowledge of Quality Systems Development - ISO/TS 16949 to ensure products and process development meet quality standards and reduce variation and waste.
• Apply quality and engineering tools: Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical process control (SPC), Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), and Measurement Analysis (MSA) to ensure programs provide sustainable measurable improvements and create regular reports on improvement project progress, barriers and issues.
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Master's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related field and 2 years of experience as a Supplier Quality Improvement Engineer, Catalyst Engineer, or Quality Engineer or related position.
• Alternatively, the employer will accept a Bachelor's in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related field and 5 years of experience as a Supplier Quality Improvement Engineer, Catalyst Engineer, or Quality Engineer or related position.
Experience to include:
• Corrective Action Requests (CAR), Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR), and Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR);
• 7 Step Problem Solving Technique;
• Six Sigma DMAIC and Fault Tree Analysis;
• Value Package Introduction (VPI) Process;
• Introduction of new products (NPI) and manufacturing processes;
• Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R);
• Quality Systems Development - ISO/TS 16949;
• Quality and engineering tools: Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical process control (SPC), Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), and Measurement Analysis (MSA).
JOB SITE: Columbus, IN
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # IN541 .
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .