Business Analyst Senior-Business Intelligence (BI)|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Cummins Business Services Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Business Analyst working with OBIEE.
Thinking beyond your desk includes:
- Partners with business functions to define, determine, analyze, document and communicate the objectives, business requirements and priorities for information systems and solutions; works with application and technical experts on the solution design, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the information systems.
- Assists the business to define and document what constitutes business success for small to medium size initiatives. May work as a part of a team on project definition and documentation for larger initiatives.
- Elicits, analyzes, and documents functional requirements across the five aspects (process, information, event, socio-political, and location), as appropriate for the initiative. May work as part of a team to gather requirements.
- Elicits, analyzes, and documents non-functional business requirements
- Conducts requirements management activities, as necessary, ensuring that the impact of changes are well understood and approved by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Assists with or conducts solution assessment and validation to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs
- Assists with or reviews test plans and testing methodology to mitigate risks and participates in testing the solution to ensure the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Assists with problem analysis as needed. Escalates issues for additional analysis and resolution as appropriate.
- Develops positive relationships with both the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Facilitation - Basic ability to pull a broad mix of people and related skill bases together for a common purpose and goal. It will often involve ability to influence because people on your team will very rarely report directly to you as a leader. Group dynamic techniques to have an individual or group work through a challenging issue, probe for issues/concerns and drive to consensus.
- Modeling - The ability to represent information following a defined standard, using a combination of graphical and textual elements. The ability to choose the correct type of model for a particular set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
- Requirements Analysis - The ability to understand requirements and trace them back to business goals/objectives. The ability to identify the relationships and interdependencies between requirements. The ability to prioritize requirements based on their relative value, risk, difficulty of implementation, urgency, likelihood of success, regulatory compliance, or other factors.
- Requirements Elicitation - The ability to discover and document requirements from stakeholders using a variety of different methods. The ability to select the appropriate technique(s) for a given situation, depending on the business domain, deliverables needed, time allocated, and the risk involved in the effort.
- Solution Assessment & Validation - The ability to understand and assess proposed solutions in order to determine how closely they meet requirements and if they will deliver the desired business outcomes. The ability to understand the organization, and its readiness, to determine what is necessary to transition to the solution.
- Solution Definition - The ability to articulate what constitutes business success for a given initiative. Necessary elements in the definition include outlining the business reason the initiative is being undertaken, guidelines that are in operation for the initiative, the domain of the solution, and any important context surrounding the effort (for example risks, constraints, assumptions, etc.).
- Organizational Awareness - Understands and works in line with the organization's mission, operations, structure, and goals; understands informal structures and processes of the organization; understands organization-level implications of his or her day-to-day decisions.
- Relationship Management - Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Our ideal candidate would have these skills and professional experience:
- 2 years working with O racle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Oracle Business Intelligence Applications knowledge preferred.
- Oracle Mobile BI app release for Apple device and Android device
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) training
- Legacy reporting applications (Discoverer, Cognos...) migration coordination.
- W orks on small projects or as a team member on larger information technology projects typically under direction of a more senior business analysts/supervisor.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today. NA
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: