|Job Ref:||160003OM||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:05|
Technical Specialists - Embedded Controls Software #IN431 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Technical Specialists - Embedded Controls Software #IN431 in Columbus, Indiana .
• Apply specialized knowledge and technical expertise including engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks to develop and implement embedded control and communication system features in support of current product support (CPS) improvement program and Value Package Introduction (VPI) program.
• Design, develop, and implement software using C language, UNIX, and Rational Clearcase.
• Troubleshoot controls, hardware, or software issues and recommend appropriate actions.
• Ensure high-quality data is gathered when needed to support software controls tuning needs, verification, and validation based on knowledge of Automated Software Testing Tools and Test Development.
• Check data quality before using the data for software utilizing MATLAB/Simulink, Beacon and RTW.
• Ensure software meets company performance standards by using Trace32 debugger to troubleshoot software.
• Develop and execute manual and automated testing procedures.
• Follow On Board Diagnostics (OBD) development processes and utilize Design for Six Sigma for manufacturing process improvement, including usage of appropriate tools.
• Utilize Project management methodologies to undertake basic analysis of product performance characteristics relevant to product requirements.
• Monitor and analyze data traffic using Canalyzer software.
• Manage the Software development lifecycle by ensuring that software designs and products meet global standards.
• Utilize industry datalinks support tools to analyze System Integration of Electronic Control Modules (ECM).
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering or related field and 3 years of experience as an Electrical or Software Engineer, or related position.
Experience to include:
• Software development lifecycle,
• Automated Software Testing Tools & Test Development,
• Design for 6 Sigma for manufacturing process improvement,
• Beacon and RTW,
• C language,
• Rational Clearcase,
• Trace32 debugger,
JOB SITE: Columbus, IN
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # IN431 .
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .