|Job Ref:||204785215||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bolton||Address:||Post Code:||NE66||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum + Overtime + 26 Days Holiday plus Ba||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:34|
Design Engineer (Mechanical/Senior)|
£35,000 - £45,000 + Overtime + 26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays + Pension
Design Engineer position available in a rapidly growing company. The role will appeal to those looking to step in to a Design/Technical Manager role within 18 months.
The role will appeal to mechanical designers looking for a varied design for manufacture role. The role incorporates involvement through the product life cycle until delivery. The applicant will be from mechanical design background and have experience designing pipes, pressure vessels, pumps and/or similar systems.
To apply for the role you need to have 2D engineering design experience using AutoCAD, 3D is not needed but advantageous to have experience in both 2D and 3D. The role encompasses new product development to providing support with existing products. You will have an involvement in all aspects of the design process from initial concept through to finished product.
The company is renowned manufacturer and have grown substantially over the past 5 years, this is a great opportunity for an already experienced design engineer to prove their worth and take the next step in their career.
This is an ambitious company with plans to expand into new markets and services. This creates an excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer to take responsibility and grow with the business.
• creating drawings for customer approval of specification and to facilitate manufacture
• Liaise with customers to obtain design approval.
• Create detailed component and assembly drawings for internal and outsourced manufacture
• Work closely with the manufacturing and purchasing team
• Where appropriate, amend drawings to reflect any changes made to meet customer requests or optimise the manufacturing process.
To apply for the role you must have:
• Experience in 2D AutoCAD design
• At least 5 years' experience in a mechanical engineering role
• A qualification in mechanical, automotive, aerospace engineering or related discipline
• Effective communicator and team player
• Experience in a similar design background