|Job Ref:||204785478||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:34|
Our client, a world leading nuclear consultancy is looking for a Planning Engineer to be based in the Kent area. Our client is a primary supplier to a multitude of nuclear projects UK wide. The successful candidate will work as part of a dynamic team at the fore of on-going decommissioning works.|
About the role:
- To prepare a work breakdown structure and plan (for the Lifetime Plan), for a major project or multi projects, in conjunction with the Project Manager and in accordance with the requirements set by the clients procedures.
- To prepare schedules to the required levels that include all required activities detailed within the scope of work for a major project or multi projects.
- Discuss and agree resources, costs and timescales with the Project Manager so that the plan is fully resourced and cost loaded for a major project or multi projects.
- Gather information from internal and external sources for progress reporting and report actual performance and analyse variance against the plan on a monthly basis (as a minimum) for a major project or multi projects.
- To analyse Earned Value Management (EVM) as part of the reporting process.
- Support and facilitate the project risk management processes in conjunction with the Risk Co-ordinator / Project Risk Practitioner.
What you will need:
- Relevant highly regulated/ Engineering Planning background.
- An understanding of EVMS and EVM reporting needs.
- Experience using Primavera (ideally P6).
What`s in it for you:
- Attractive hourly rates.
- Involvement with high-profile nuclear project work.
- A 37.5 hour working week over 4 days (Monday - Thursday).
- Working with a leading global consultancy