|Job Ref:||204785671||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£0 - £30/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:34|
Project Quality Engineer - APQP|
Rolling Contract Role
Shorterm is currently recruiting for a Project Quality Assurance Engineer (PQA) to join a global railway vehicle manufacturer based in Derby.
The PQA is the quality representative in the Project Core Team and drives Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) assuring that all processes meet customer requirements.
He/she will also assure the delivery of all Quality deliverables at project gates, in accordance with the agreed acceptance criteria.
He/she will alert, and if necessary block, any non conforming products or documents from being released and will manage the quality function records required for the project.
The ultimate measure of success in this role will be the customer satisfaction related towards the delivery of a product or system according to the customer quality and safety requirements, on time, and from Bid through warranty phase.
- Utilizing problem solving skills and root cause analysis, identify and resolve plant quality issues.
- Develop, implement, and operate various quality systems for controlling material, incoming parts, and finished products.
- Participate in APQP and PPAP documentation and submissions.
- Participate in advanced quality planning activities (FMEA, Gage R&R, Process Flow, etc.)Review customer specifications and define quality requirements including compliance to law, industry standards etc.
- Define and maintain the Project Quality Management Plan.
- Produce and support sub plans when required.
- Conduct project audits to monitor compliance to customer contract and compliance to the change management, configuration management and other processes.
- Support project during external audits by customer or third parties.
- Manage activities related to the Product Certification supported by the Engineering function.
- Manage non conforming products and quality related customer complaints, including issuing corrective action request/preventative action recommendations.
- Manage Quality Function Records related to the project (reports, quality records, test reports, FAI reports).
Required Skill and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar quality function, ideally within a relevant industry.
- Relevant quality management qualifications and training.
- Strong management and leadership experience and skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
If you would like to be considered for this vacancy please apply by sending an up to date CV by email
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise