|Job Ref:||204785996||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||New Malden||Address:||Post Code:||KT3||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:34|
Senior Networks Engineer - Juniper, Dell Fabric, Cisco routing, switching|
A Senior Networks Engineer with Juniper, Dell Fabric, Cisco routing, switching, WAN design and configuration is required to work on a twelve month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in New Malden.
This is a 12 month contract with a leading UK Defence Business
Overview of the Senior Networks Engineer contract role
A Senior Network Engineer is required to work on design, analysis, configuration, testing and fixing issues with the network infrastructure or application components. Your role will be to ensure that communications function across the network architecture and that the network's performance meets the necessary requirements. You would also provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations on RN platforms to support the various aspects of overall Combat System integration.
Key skills required for the Senior Networks Engineer
* Previous experience supervising the administration of systems and server networks
* An understanding of how to configure and setup Juniper and Dell Switches Firewalls
* Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
* Knowledge of Local Area Networking (LAN) and/or Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies
* An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
* Current Juniper JNCIA,JNCIS, JNCIP or CCNA,CCNP and/or CCDA certification
* Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
* Substantial Network Design Experience; history of working within a design team, must include writing and updating High and Low level design documentation
* A good knowledge of all phases of the software lifecycle but with particular experience in
The following qualifications would also be beneficial:
* Windows Server 2003 & 2008; SQL experience
* Other operating systems including VMware ESXi Server 4/5, Linux (SUSE /RedHat).
* Working knowledge of various VMware tools.
* Working knowledge of SAN Technologies.
* Experience of leading teams from a technical perspective Integration & Acceptance
The role is based in New Malden - commutable from London, Hounslow, Twickenham, Kingston upon Thames, Mitcham, Croydon, Sutton, Epsom, Leatherhead, Weybridge and Staines with excellent access from Hampshire and Berkshire
If you are a Senior Networks Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)