|Job Ref:||204786302||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum To be discussed at interview||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
Job Title: Product Engineer
Job Ref: LK16-3628
Job Start date: ASAP
Commutable From: Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry,Northampton, Banbury, Worcester, Stratford-upon-Avon.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary range: £45K-50K
Salary benefits: To be discussed at interview
Further to a successful campaign of business growth, we are working closely with one of our Automotive injection moulding manufacturing partners to appoint a Product Engineer to work within a team of automotive industry experts.
Job Overview: The Product Engineer will be responsible for the Product Definition,
Validation and Execution of high value added solutions to dress the interior of the vehicle covering: Overhead Systems, Doors, Seating, Lighting, Cockpits and Interior Trim.
General Summary: The Product Engineer will be responsible to the Project Team to assure total support and management of the programme within the functional area of Product Engineering. They will also be responsible to the functional department to observe all policies and procedures for that functional area to participate in the continuous improvement of systems and processes.
• Coordinates and follows product engineering responsibilities from design concept, through Prototype build, pilot, production, and life of the program.
• Provide feasibility input to support Studio Design & Package Requirements.
• Champion, support and participate in Design and Engineering Reviews.
• Create and maintain a Master Section Package for the Commodity.
• Work with advance engineering, styling and the company's technical centre on development of the Concept and feasibility of components and vehicle level integration.
• Work with, and direct the CAD team to ensure all engineering parameters and customer requirements are being fulfilled on a timely basis.
• Update Product Definition whenever project definition changes.
• Develop the DFMEA, DFM and other engineering disciplines if specified by the customer.
• Organise and develop Design concepts, product architecture and set internal Engineering specifications.
• Directs, coordinates, assigns tasks, and works with customer engineers to bring all Engineering disciplines together on the project.
• Participate in all customer meetings which impact the design and engineering of the commodity.
• Represents all Product Engineering concerns at project team meetings.
• Develop DVP&R, obtaining customer approval, and initiating all laboratory and virtual tests.
• Administer and over check Simulated product tests (CAE) and later physical tests in compliance with the DVP&R and assess the product design in line with internal and customer requirements reporting all findings internally and to the customer.
• Ensure that the product design complies with all product requirements and any international Legal standards when applicable.
• Ensure that the product meets all engineering objectives and targets for weight, acoustics, water sealing, cost, service etc.
Experience: Specific Engineering applications and 5 years in Automotive Engineering preferred. At least 3 years of Automotive Interior Engineering /Plastics experience.
Expert in P injection moulding, post processes and assembly of complex components.
Qualifications:Degree Qualified in an Engineering, Product or Industrial Design field or HNDS with 5+ years experience.
Key Words: Plastics, Injection Moulding, Interiors, Trim, DVP&R, DFMEA, FMEA, Cockpits, DFM, CAD.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
LawsonKeys - 2016 Recruitment Sponsor to PRW
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"LawsonKeys Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
LawsonKeys has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles