|Job Ref:||204787266||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leighton Buzzard||Address:||Post Code:||LU7||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum £neg. DOE + Benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
If you are interested in joining a stable, fast-growing company that encourages professional development, fosters teamwork and rewards ingenuity, then we may be right for you. As the world's leading manufacturer of aircraft products and solutions, and the world's leading distributor of aerospace consumables for the commercial, business jet and military markets, a career at with us is beyond what you'd expect in a job. We realise that our employees are one of the keys of our success. We look for individuals who share our passion to succeed and generate results.|
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have an exciting opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join the team and deliver continuous improvement strategy by identifying and targeting waste reduction opportunities within all aspects of the business.
* Mentoring, coaching and nurturing of Lean culture (such as 5S, visual management, six sigma, Mistake Proofing, TPM, Goal Deployment, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), etc
* Lead and facilitate cross functional teams to achieve breakthrough in process performance with demonstrated deliverables reflected in operational KPI's
* Facilitates proper data gathering, scope development, and event planning in preparation for any Kaizen and continuous improvement event.
* Maintains oversight responsibility for effective implementation of the continuous improvement efforts of the organization and monitors results via business metrics/customer satisfaction.
* Works closely with operations, materials, and suppliers to help drive supply chain improvement initiatives, such as defect reduction, Kanban, and JIT material delivery programs.
* Run corporate training events and supply bespoke training on demand using live project data (practical problem solving / 5S etc)
* Regular presentation and reporting to senior management of project / improvement status, results and progress against objectives
* Define standardised procedures for all key processes and ensure adherence to them
* Actively support the corporate Operational Excellence initiatives in both content and deliverable gains
* Work with suppliers to implement continuous improvement projects benefitting B/E
Required knowledge and experience
* Bachelors degree or equivalent
* Certified six sigma green belt or above
* Proven experience in a continuous improvement role preferably in a low volume high product mix environment
* Project management delivering data driven results
* Application of six sigma tools and methodologies
* Detailed knowledge and application of improvement methodologies and tools e.g. six sigma, lean, kaizen, TQM
* Proven change agent
* Delivered hands on formal training to all levels of company associates
* Good presentation skills both verbal and non-verbal
* Good interpersonal skills. Be able to build teams and work in a collaborative style with peers.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Visio
* Working knowledge of Minitab (desirable)
* Knowledge and experience of CI tools. Specifically 5S, VSM, visual factory implementation, TPM, time & motion studies and standardised work
* Proven problem solving methodology
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003