|Job Ref:||204787421||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||PETERBOROUGH||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£36000 - £41000/annum + 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + PENSION + LIFE A||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - SOLIDWORKS|
36-41K + 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + PENSION + LIFE ASSURANCE + BONUS
This business has successfully maintained their position as a global leader in the manufacture of high value turnkey solutions for the Power Generation, Marine, Petrochem and Waste to Energy sectors for over a century. As a result of recent investment and product development, the business has seen a massive increase in order intake this year. As a result of this positive growth, the business is looking to expand every department, and in particular needs to strengthen their technical team by adding another Mechanical Design Engineer to the team.
Your role as Mechanical Design Engineer will be:
* Based in their office in Peterborough
* Working within a very experienced team of 15
* Working closely with applications, electrical design and controls team.
* Working on high value projects, which can be extremely technical and complex.
* 3D modelling and detailed design on SolidWorks
* Simple and complex component design, assemblies, P & ID's
* Create BOM's
The ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will have:
* A mechanical engineering qualification, ideally a HNC or higher
* At least 3 years' experience in mechanical design using SolidWorks.
* Or a track record in designing high value rotating equipment in any design package
* A desire to learn and enjoy being part of a team
The business is huge on employee development, therefore you will put through a detailed induction and training programme. You will be encouraged to develop your skill set so you can expect to be put through external courses and further education. As the business grows and evolves then you can expect to progress into the mechanical engineering team, projects or further afield