|Job Ref:||204787770||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kingston upon Hull||Address:||Post Code:||HU2||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum Competitive||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
A document controller is required to join an energy from waste project based in Hull.
Responsibilities (Key Deliverables)
- Execute document control protocols and procedures in functional work areas as assigned by the Lead Document Controller or Document Control Manager.
- Process incoming and outgoing documents including receipt, classification, registry, distribution, archiving, storage and retrieval.
- Develop knowledge and understand project management principles, quality systems, quality plan and working procedures.
- Implement elements of project management and quality within the scope of the project document control department.
- Attend to control and check points allowing for continuous monitoring of procedure implementation.
- Participate in the development and implementation of project document control procedures under the supervision of the Lead Document Controller or Document Control Manager.
- Front-line enforcement of approved document control procedures across the project organisation and interface with other project participants and team members.
- Identify specific instances of non-conformances and report details to supervisor for onward resolution.
- Continuously identify opportunities of enhancements in the document control process.
- Prepare document status reports as directed by supervisor.
- Provide assistance in the training programme on project document control systems and skills transfer.
- Develop and maintain open communications and positive working relationships with project participants and team members providing advice and support when required.
- Rapidly adjust and contribute into a project environment where there is minimal input and organisational structures are not fully developed.
- Strengthen the document control team by enhancing the skills of junior staff vai close on-the-job training.
- Apply a proactive approach in a fast paced, constantly changing and expanding environment.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across a diverse global business.
- Good command of English language, Written and Oral.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in the control of project documents or correspondence on large and complex projects.
- Proven experience in document control procedures and protocols.
- Experience in carrying out procedure implementation on projects.
- Working knowledge of project interfaces with regards to disciplines and systems.
- Previous experience in Engineering, Construction or Resource Industries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience with direct interaction between Client Team Members and Project Team Members.
- Able to perform under minimal supervision via written procedures and work instructions.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and willing to travel where required for training and other purposes.
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
- Exposure to electronic data management systems or project collaboration tools
- Working knowledge in the preparation of document control forms and templates
- Able to develop training skills
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients