|Job Ref:||204787856||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
NRL`s large UK Food Production client is seeking to recruit a Permanent Security Officer to be on their site on the outskirts of Glasgow. This will be a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, from 6am - 6pm. Candidates must have previous expereince within a large Manufacturing site.|
About the role:
- To ensure that site buildings, valuables and people are safe and secure, deterring theft and damage and supporting the management of emergencies.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect intrusion and ensure security of barriers
- Monitor and authorise entry and exit of employees, visitor and others to guard against theft, sabotage and maintain security of premises
- Produce daily activity/deviation reports
- Answer alarms, investigate disturbances and summon relevant emergency service(s) in cases of emergency
- Circulate at company events to preserve order and protect property
- Monitor entry and egress to ensure compliance with food and people safety and animal welfare - allergen control, security/personal items` control.
- Collect cash sales money and control and issue weekly pay slips
- Warn individuals of rule infractions or violations and evict violators from premises when necessary
- Screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and detect evidence of tampering.
- Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems
- Keep and maintain appropriate records as required
- Ensure own familiarity and compliance with company policies and procedures, standards of operation and safe operating procedures
- Ensure consistent and timely attendance at work
- Provide flexibility to meet company operating requirements
- Provide pro- and re-active and supportive verbal and written communication to team members, supervisors and managers
What you will need:
- Speaking, writing and understanding basic spoken and written English language. (This is an essential health & safety, traceability and quality control requirement which will be tested as part of the recruitment process N.B. English language support available)
- Basic numeracy skills
- Attentive to detail
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Flexible approach
- Learning and implementing new information quickly
- Accreditation Food Hygiene equivalent at minimum level 2
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
What`s in it for you?
- Attractive salary and staff package
- Excellent working location