|Job Ref:||204788003||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Leamington Spa||Address:||Post Code:||CV32||Salary:||£25000 - £27000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
Process Development Technologist|
Salary: 25-27k (Dependant on experience)
Location: Leamington, Warwickshire, Coventry, West Midlands
A major manufacturer within the food industry
Purpose of Role:
To support the Senior Development Technologist and Development Kitchen in the smooth trial and introduction of new or amended product from concept to factory production
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Assisting the Senior Development Technologist in ensuring a successful factory trial of new or amended product, by:
• Creating and maintaining all required paperwork, on time, accurately and cascade as required to allow informed decisions to be made about the success of the trial
• Communicating as requested all required information to the necessary departments, on time and to a level that enhances decision making
• Supporting with problem solving issues that arise during trials
• Working stringently to Factory Trial Company procedures and reporting any non-conformances
2. Follow procedures to allow accurate and safe manufacture of products.
3. Support the factory with Pre-production Trials.
4. Attend meetings as required and own actions assigned, completing in a timely manner i.e. NPD, Feasibility, Handover
5. Keep abreast of detailed capabilities within factory.
6. Work closely with the Development kitchen to ensure that concepts are factory friendly from concept; using factory knowledge gained from the role to anticipate and pre-empt problems.
7. Working closely with the Senior Development Technologist to challenge process barriers that will allow new creative development.
8. Assist (or take the lead where appropriate) in establishing a factory process where a product can be manufactured in an efficient manner, in line with the product approved from the test kitchen.
9. Train line operatives and managers with the new processes
10. Assist in the Development Kitchen, supporting the team with day to day duties such as repeat product sample making or component development, as required.
11. Applying a keen eye for detail to analyse labour costs; recipe amends / processing losses etc and communicate any concerns or issues to the appropriate functions
Education and Training:
• Educated to a minimum of HND level or suitable food related qualification
The 'Experience' detailed below
• Has experience within a chilled dessert environment (Desirable)
• Has sound experience within a food manufacturer as a Developer/technologist/process or implementation of product
• Excellent PC skills - in particular MS Windows applications (Excel/Word and PowerPoint).
• Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and oral
• Keen attention to detail
• Creativity and ability to problem solve
• Process oriented
• Interpersonal skills - persuading and influencing key stakeholders
• Must be well organised, able to plan own work and self start and manage others.
Personal qualities/ behaviours:
• Passion for the product
• A level of drive is required to persevere when all information is not clear or directly at hand.
• Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action whilst ensuring a high degree in integrity and accountability
• Flexibility - Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions
• Personal motivation - Commits self to work hard towards goals. Shows enthusiasm and career commitment.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on (Apply online only)