|Job Ref:||204788119||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum To be discussed at interview||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
Job Title: Design Engineer/Catia Design Engineers
Job Ref: LK16-3629
Job Start date: ASAP
Commutable From: Birmingham, Warwick, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton, Worcester, Stratford-upon-Avon.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary range: £40K-£45K per annum.
Salary benefits: To be discussed at interview
Further to a successful campaign of business growth, we are working closely with one of our Automotive injection moulding manufacturing partners to appoint a CAD Design Engineer with Catia V5 or V6 experience gained within automotive interiors and trim.
Job Overview: A Catia CAD design engineer with V5 and/or V6 experience to join a strong team based in the west midlands to integrate into the Corporate Engineering team and supporting the Product Engineering department.
• Designing components and systems from concept to mass production whilst addressing issues from customer styling, tier 2 suppliers and toolmakers using creative problem solving skills and diligent adherence and checking of standards and best practices.
• Be responsible for delivering full component designs to meet the required technical performance, quality and timing targets defined by each responsible person within the Project team as well as the requirements of the customer.
• Define and Co-ordinate, with discernment, CAD tasks to be carried out within the corporate engineering team in other Technical Centres.
• Support internal and external design feasibility reviews if necessary.
• Release and control designs and drawings for prototype and production phases
• Utilize internal design standards and Methodology
• Provide inputs for continuous improvement of internal knowledge and best practices.
• Have the ability to create detailed pictorial representations of design issues, explain the problems and next steps to the wider team.
Strong Catia V5/V6 CAD skills and associated systems, with excellent knowledge of GD&T definition and application.
Experience: Previous experience of Interior Component or plastic parts design, materials and processes.
Knowledge of GD&T definition and application.
Understanding of customer engineering specifications for interior assemblies and plastic parts.
Used to working to tight deadlines as part of a multi-disciplined and located team.
Proficient in Microsoft Packages.
Qualifications: Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
Key Words: CAD, 3D, CATIA V5, CATIA V6, Interiors, Trim, Cockpit, GD&T.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
LawsonKeys - 2016 Recruitment Sponsor to PRW
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"LawsonKeys Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
LawsonKeys has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles