|Job Ref:||204788251||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
My Client, a leading manufacturing company based in Plymouth is looking to recruit an organised, experienced and dedicated Production Leader for employment within a fast paced production environment. The ideal candidate would need to be someone who has previous experience managing production resources in an efficient, effective and safe manner to produce high quality products in compliance with the prevailing quality standards, whilst meeting schedule requirements. Productivity, discipline, pace, cost, compliance and H&S are critical accountable success factors in this role. |
Main Duties Line Management / Supervision
• Management of Production Team and other employees to ensure pace and quality standards are met
• Ensure the workforce is appropriately skilled and are regularly reviewed for skill, effort and attitude. Where there is an issue coach and mentor the individual.
• Complete Personal Development Plans and agree training requirements for subordinates
• Conduct disciplinary hearings and/or act as investigating officer as necessary.
• Work with ME's and other resources to ensure the line is balanced and daily targets are met.
• Ensure operator discipline including bell to bell working, and that H&S protocols are adhered to at all times.
• Effectively manage overtime and ensure standards are met in line with regular working hours.
• Ensure adherence to Work Instructions/Drawings and where unclear seek guidance
• Deputise for the Production Manager at times of absence or unavailability
• Ensuring H&S compliance
• Control distribution and allocation of PPE, consumables and tools
• To support and participate in risk assessments as required and to support and raise Hazard Identification reports helping the reduction in accident levels.
• Keep the workplace tidy and organised ensuring targeted 6S standards are met at all times
• Manage consumables ensuring issues are controlled and wastage avoided
• A reasonable amount of overtime is required to cover shifts/rotas as expected
Main Duties Production
• Ensure product is built to the current work instruction/drawing as required.
• Ensure all quality checks are completed in a timely manner and a right first time philosophy is rigorously adopted.
• Identify issues impeding productive efficiency and solve or report as soon as possible.
• Identify issues for improvement that will enhance efficiency or product integrity i.e. (Fit, Form or Finish) and solve in a timely manner.
• Liaise with other departments to ensure resource is provided for timely completion of snagging on finished products.
• Ensure audits are carried out in a timely manner during build of product and validated in accordance with build manual.
• Ensure all fitments and raw materials are respected at all times
• Ensure snagging is carried out to the required standard and any highlighted yellow snags are countersigned to confirm quality assurance.
• Work closely with the Material Controller to ensure timely delivery of labour and materials
• Demand service from all support areas of the business - i.e. Development, Logistics, IT, HR and Manufacturing and Quality & Engineering etc.
• Monitor KPI's and take corrective action as appropriate to ensure adherence to schedule, productivity and quality standards.
Productivity, Quality, Delivery and H&S Targets as determined by Senior Management including:
• Right First Time achievement
• Cost, quality and delivery
• Schedule adherence
• Overall line efficiency
• Hazard Identifications
• 2nd Issue control
• Performance reviews
• 6S score
• Skills matrix,
• Overtime levels
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Thorough knowledge of relevant processes and able to carry out quality audits
• Experience in supervising a team
• Strong Leadership of the team
• Good communication skills
• Working knowledge of systems - Chess, Quality Systems, T&A, MPS, Change Notes, etc.
• Ability to utilise and analyse software tools such as efficiency trackers, standard work, block plans to enable schedule adherence and meet productivity targets
• Health and Safety qualified and able to carry out risk assessments, Hazard ID etc.
• Facilitate staff development - probationary reviews/ appraisals/return to work etc.
• Good IT skills - communication, spreadsheets, presentations
• Able to read drawings and impact on production
• NPI process knowledge including routine changes and NSO's
• Lean Manufacturing basics -Problem solving techniques, A3 reporting, visual management, 6S
• Project Management - able to plan, organise and lead projects