|Job Ref:||204788320||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Walsall||Address:||Post Code:||WS3||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
NPI Project Manager - Walsall |
We are looking for an NPI Project Manager for a well-established Walsall based Electrical Switchgear and electro-mechanical UK engineering and manufacturing business. They will help the introduction of new switchgear and control gear products for Transport and Industrial markets.
We are looking for an experienced New Product Introduction (NPI) Project Manager who will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and costs of multiple new product introduction projects running simultaneously.
The NPI Project Manager will be overseeing, reporting and managing design to manufacture projects ensuring that the development process is strictly adhered to and that program risks are adequately managed and where necessary escalated. Thus deliver projects on time, within budget and within NA deliver projects on time, within budget and within scope.
- Assure and clarify the essential requirements for any NPI involving all relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate internal functional resources to maintain and progress multiple project plans concurrently
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Work with functional managers to ensure adequate program resourcing
- Develop appropriately detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Lead and manage New Product Introduction meetings as required
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to senior management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Manage day-day operational aspects of the project(s)
- Support and evolve the NPI process
- Proven working experience of NPI management within an engineering and manufacturing type of business. The successful candidate will have been undertaking a similar role for at least 3 years
- Excellent organisational, planning and ti
- me management skills
- Logical thinking and creative problem-solving ability
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Appreciation of cost control
- Ability to work well with others and lead a team
- A good understanding of how the various functions in a busy engineering and manufacturing company interact
- Good IT skills
- Salary is negotiable dependent upon experience.
- 33 days (including statutory holidays).
- Pension and Bonus.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on NA Rail01
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency