|Job Ref:||204788519||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£45.00 - £60.00/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Project Controls Manager for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.|
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must hold a British Passport and residency for the past 10 years or more to qualify.
* For ensuring delivery of environmental safety & health (ESH) performance in accordance with the requirements of clients policy within all areas of this role's responsibility
* Manage and co-ordinate the application of the 3-point estimating methodologies by utilising resources from the estimating core team; liaise with PCMs to ensure estimating plans are developed with agreed dates for deliverables. Ensure PC teams support the estimating function. Ensure all project estimates are fit for purpose and conform with all relevant Operating Procedures.
* Manage and co-ordinate the implementation of cost control disciplines in line with relevant Operating Procedures.
* Ensure that PCM teams maintain project cost reports that are current, accurate and reflect the overall project status.
* Ensure that PC teams maintain trend recognition in support of accurate and timely project forecasting.
* Manage and co-ordinate, through the PC team, the development of detailed schedules for the execution of sanctioned project phases and ensure that outline plans exist for all future phases in accordance with relevant Operating Procedures.
* Promote a risk-aware approach to project delivery, manage and co-ordinate, through the PCM team, the application of risk management processes across all projects in line with current Operating Procedures.
* Manage and control timely and appropriate project document control services utilising, where appropriate, the electronic document management system.
* Responsible for ensuring that project conforms to the Change Control Process, in terms of liaison, communication and calculation of change notes and change orders.
* Ensure that standard Project Controls business requirements are understood, met and embedded from both subcontractors and other stakeholders into the clients systems
Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
* A good knowledge of the ESH issues relating to a project environment
* To be able to clearly demonstrate understanding of contract requirements NEC3/GC works 1 etc
* A sound appreciation of project management techniques, i.e. PRINCE2
* A sound understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) and its application
* Working knowledge of planning and scheduling software, i.e. Primavera
Please note that for this specific role we cannot accommodate candidates who hold dual nationality
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec