|Job Ref:||204788840||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||West London||Address:||Post Code:||W1||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
Our Rail client is currently seeking a Quality, Safety & Environmental Technician for their site based in West London.|
This position will require you to work a shift patten of days and nights.
You will provide pro-active support in the implementation of the Company Safety, Quality, Environmental and Maintenance policies via the implementation of in process SSHEQ audits and process documentation audits
* To monitor all areas of Company activities and ensure compliance with internal / external standards and relevant documented procedures, giving immediate feedback to management in the event of non-conformity.
* To notify SSHEQ Manager of any practises contrary to those considered to be acceptable.
* Responsible for maintenance and implementation of the Company Safety policy related to the business activities and ensuring that policy fulfils relevant UK, European legislation and Customer requirements.
* To conduct and provide assistance in the performing of internal / external in process checks / audits with regard to the Company maintenance / engineering activities, quality, safety and environmental systems and associated company activities as directed by the SSHEQ Manager or Fleet Manager.
* To assist in the implementation of the Company auditing process covering maintenance and engineering activities and recommendations as part of continual improvement.
* To assist in the performance of safety and environmental risk assessments in relation to maintenance / depot activities.
* To provide assistance in the preparation and or amendment of Departmental procedures, work instructions, Method Statements, tool box talks, briefing notes, etc.
* To prepare / assist in the preparation of SSHEQ audit reports / plans / investigation reports as directed by the SSHEQ Manager
* Maintain copies of all relevant SSHEQ departmental documentation, internal / external specification.
* Any other duties designated by Management
Licences / Competences
* IT skills - typically Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
* Network Rail Sentinel PTS
* GSCE English and Mathematics or equivalent
* Qualified Auditor
* Risk Assessment Certification
* Previous experience in electrical / mechanical maintenance activities or quality and safety auditing in an rail / industrial environment preferred but not essential
* Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, safety / environmental legal legislation and regulations
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good team worker
* Position holder must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company.
Licences / Competences
Served an Electrical or Mechanical Apprenticeship
Understanding of Railway Group Standards