|Job Ref:||204788885||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||South Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||S71||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum contributory pension scheme||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
Nicholas Associates Engineering are currently recruiting for an Estimator to join an expanding company in South Yorkshire.|
The client are currently developing & expanding into new sectors, so exciting times are ahead. The company already specialise in medium to heavy fabrications within the rail, MOD, steel production & manufacturing sectors. They want to grow the power generation and nuclear project business to become an industry leader in their sector.
The company are looking to recruit an Estimator with a mechanical/structural steel fabrication background to assist with ongoing and new project demands. Reporting to the general manager as a member of the engineering department your main function will be to estimate steel fabrication & assembly projects for a range of industries including steel, waste, power, offshore & nuclear. You will be working on your own and as part of a multi-skilledteam liaising with production, projects & the workforce. The company is heavily involved in one off projects of varying sizes & complexity. Projects are generally bespoke one off projects to customer requirements or our own design.
* You must hold a HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
* A strong knowledge of steel fabrication, an understanding of manufacturing processes & construction methods, strong problem solving skills & a creative approach for generating new ideas.
* A background in Steel Fabrications, Assembly & CNC Machining
* A knowledge of machining & process routes
* Other desirable experience would be the ability to produce AutoCAD drawings, quoting for site work, a sound knowledge of welding, welding procedures and understanding of BS EN ISO 1090.
A salary is negotiable circa £30,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience + holidays & pension
Nicholas Associates is an industry leading professional recruitment agency that works across the following specialist disciplines and sectors: Executive Search and Selection, Finance and Accountancy, HR and Training, Engineering and Technical, Creative and Marketing, Commercial, the Construction Sector and the Food Sector. We have offices nationwide and operate internationally. Please visit (url removed)/recruitment for more information