|Job Ref:||204788920||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£32000/annum £32,000 pa DOE||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
Established over 50 years ago, with a long history of innovative product development. This approach of continuously striving to improve their products and ways of working that drives the business forward. They actively seek the best talent to make sure that they can continually challenge what they do and how they do it, to consistently stay one step ahead of the competition.|
They believe that they provide a modern, comfortable and well equipped working environment and encourage an open, honest and non-political culture so that their employees can concentrate on what they do best, their jobs!
The ideal candidate will have a proven and demonstrable background in consumer products product design.
Key Responsibilities include:
• New product design using 3D CAD
• Product specifications follow ups
• Innovative developing of ideas for new products
• Developing drawings to obtain design approval
• Prototyping new products
• Testing new products
• Using analysis to review / improve product design
• Testing and evaluating competitors' products
• Ensure all processes are adhered to and documentation completed
Product Engineering Degree is preferred, although HND in Product Engineering may suffice. Industrial Design or Engineering Degree's will also be considered.
• Good product design experience
• Experience of 3D CAD is essential
• Experience of designing components for plastic injection moulding domestic components and materials is essential
• Experience of commissioning injection mould tools is preferred but not essential
• Experience of Siemens NX5 or higher is preferred but not essential
• Experience of liaising with tooling and manufacturing engineers is preferred but not essential