|Job Ref:||204789056||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:35|
Our client, a well-established family owned engineering company who are legitimate market leaders in their field, are looking to grow the sales function within their business. By appointing a Sales Engineer or Sales Manager they will relieve some of the pressure on the existing sales team with an additional staff member to field enquiries and prepare quotes. It will also give them additional resource to win new business in the future, allowing for continued sustainable expansion of the company.|
You will be responsible for all aspects of an often lengthy sales cycle (generating qualified enquiries, responding to internal and external queries, preparing quotes and tenders for the new business enquiries, liaising with engineering and other internal stakeholders, as well as speaking to clients face-to-face and over the phone / through emails) with the overarching aim of doing whatever is required to ensure a regular pipeline of profitable new business is delivered for the company.
Youll be working for a modern, integrated engineering company who offer complete system solutions to their clients. This is a high value capital equipment / system sale which can involve design, build, test and aftermarket / service work of complex machinery. Whilst you need to have a technical mindset, to understand the products and systems being sold in conceptual terms, you do not need to be an engineer to be able to succeed in this role. You will have all the technical expertise required provided by existing personnel within the company.
Youll be joining a family owned company with a positive and welcoming culture. Staff turnover is very low and the management structure is flat giving lots of scope for progression. Whilst expected to perform you will not be micromanaged or have a daily KPI focus. People enjoy going to work, and stay as a result. Over half of the companys products are exported and you need to be prepared for occasional international travel to suit business needs.
Sales Engineer " Role and Responsibilities " Sales Manager
* Speak to clients face-to-face, over the phone and through email, at all stages of a lengthy (three months to five years, and everything in-between) sales cycle in an informed, helpful way
* Source prices for quotes from a large number of suppliers
* Conduct market research to identify suitable prospects, and the right contacts within those prospects
* Formulating client requirements into a professional quote that will win business for the company
* Provide fresh impetus to the existing sales team with a pro-active attitude
* Happy to travel as is reasonably required to suit company needs
Sales Engineer " Skills and Abilities " Sales Manager
* An appreciation of heavy and/or process engineering and a technical mindset
* Familiarity with long lead time sales cycles of high value capital equipment
* A minimum of 5 years industry experience, preferably for an engineering company
* An excellent standard of written English and a great attention to detail for day-to-day email communications and submitting prompt, error free, non-jargon quotes, proposals and tenders
* A confident, assured communicator who is comfortable providing a professional sales service whilst representing the company face to face or on the phone
* A strategic thinker capable of getting to the crux of issues, suggesting effective solutions, and happy to go the extra mile to get those solutions implemented properly