|Job Ref:||204789500||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£52000 - £57000/annum £52-£57k plus £5k car allowance||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
Engineering Manager - City of London|
£52-£57k plus £5k car allowance
Role Purpose: To set up, implement and maintain effective management systems and procedures in the delivery and continuity of service of the Mechanical, Electrical, Transport and Public Health Services to the Tenant, while protecting and enhancing landlord assets within the building / estate. To contribute to the management of Health, Safety and Well-being for all users of the building/ estate.
• Contract Management.
• Organize and attend Monthly meetings
• Monitor, analyze and interpret the correct functioning of plant and systems via the Building Management System or other means.
• Carry out random checks of critical plant operation.
• Review Contractors reports/proposals
• Carry out regular audits/ inspections of all plant
• Review contractor's proposals and switching schedules for electrical shutdown
• Attend site as necessary in the event of any emergency work or call out.
• Provide day-to-day technical and operational support to Building Managers and Tenants.
• Support to Building Management
• Permit to Work System
• Check method statements where appropriate.
• Liaise with Building Management and tenants regarding operational and technical matters such as plant shutdowns and work impacting on tenants operation.
• Review Tenant License Applications.
• Review and comment on drawings, specification and reports submitted by the Tenants and advise the Landlord accordingly of any impact on base build operations or any technical or lease concerns. Liaise with tenant consultants on any technical or operational revisions.
• Monitor tenant fit-out work
• Preparation and Management of engineering service charge budgets, procurement invoices.
• Develop, implement and manage Environmental and Energy Conservation Programmes,
• Advise on potential problems, improvements and possible savings.
• Analyze monitoring & targeting reports and investigate and action as necessary.
• Arrange independent energy audits as necessary
• Action recommendations as necessary.
• Analysis and management of all engineering data/reports.
• Ensuring that appropriate action/follow up is achieved.
• Identify & agree specialist consultant roles
• Review consultants brief on a regular basis.
• Manage other audit reports.
• Implementation, management and development of the Concept planned maintenance system, ensuring information, plant history, drawings and technical information is accurate and up to date. Develop and maintain the base building asset register. Review and develop site-specific maintenance tasks. Ensure drawing and O & M's are updated to reflect any changes carried out to the installed systems. Develop, implement and maintain site-specific plant replacement programme. In conjunction with budgetary control.
• To ensure that the production of engineering service specifications, contracts and associated documentation properly represent the service requirement of the premises and are presented and executed in accordance with company guidelines. Prepare contract documentation to include: - Tender Documents, agreements and specifications. Manage tendering procedures.
• Analyze Tenders Undertake Post tender interviews. Produce Client Contract Placing Report. Manage contractor closely during mobilization period and through to completion.
• To ensure that the Property's Electronic Security Systems are fully operational and maintained as per the Manufacturer's guidance and current best practice. Report on any concerns relating to plant operation. Liaise with the Systems Department as required, regarding contract specifications, maintenance regimes, auditing, equipment upgrades, documenting changes etc. Ensure maintenance contracts are in place
• Responsibility and ownership of complete engineering and electronic security service delivery
• Engineering Management
• Commercial awareness, business acumen
• Must have a customer focused attitude and a flexible working style.
• Budget Management
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong leadership and motivational skills
• 3rd Party/Contractor Management
• Health & Safety
• Project Management, including demised tenant fit-out experience
• Fabric Management
• Business Alignment
• Professional Integrity
• Unrivalled Service Excellence
• Effective Communication
• Commercial Responsibility
• Results Orientated
• Impact & Influence
• Team Working
• Developing Self & Others