|Job Ref:||204789535||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£23401 - £31660/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
Electrical Maintenance Engineer |
£23,401 - £31,660 + Excellent Benefit package
Deep Level Tunnels, London
40 hours per week, 8am - 4.30pm, Monday- Friday
BTFS is a new player in the facilities management market. We're a subsidiary of the BT Group of companies and operate an all-encompassing building support service across BT's vast UK estate. We're now expanding our range of services and taking our skills and experience out to the marketplace.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Technician (Electrical) to join our team. This position supports the Deep Level Tunnels supervisor in providing reactive and pre-planned maintenance service within the BT tunnels around the London region.
• To carry out maintenance, fault finding and repair on all LV electrical systems as directed by the Deep Level Tunnels supervisor.
• Maintain all low voltage electrical distribution and connected power/ lighting systems and assist with all other PPM routines as instructed.
• Maintain equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures connected to the electrical systems as scheduled or instructed.
• Ensure that all repairs and installations are compliant with BS7671 wiring regulations.
• Provide support to BMS Technician with fault finding and repair on low voltage AC/DC control systems.
• Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking electrical work and document in full to ensure safe working practise.
• Produce monthly and ad-hoc reports as required for the DLT supervisor
• Participate in an Emergency Call Out Service as required
• Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of BTFS technical services delivery as directed by line management.
• Understand the environmental responsibilities and follow the BTFS environmental policy.
• Proven experience in a similar role
• Must have completed an apprenticeship or an equivalent formal training programme in electrical installation and maintenance that includes sufficient relevant practical experience to enable assessment as electrically competent.
• Must hold a City and Guilds level 3 technical certificate or equivalent in an electrical discipline.
• City & Guilds 2391, or 2394 or the EAL Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations and the City & Guilds 2395 or the EAL Level 3 Award in the Periodic, Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations contain common theory.
• 17th Edition IEE Regulations
• A full SC security check will be taken
• Confined Spaces training
• Appropriate knowledge of Health and Safety and environmental requirements related to delivery of the assigned tasks
• Be prepared to have a medical
• Plumbing/Mechanical skills desirable
• Full UK Driving License is essential.
BTFS is an equal opportunities employer
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every unsuccessful applicant, therefore if you do not hear from us within 10 days of your application please be aware that in this instance we have chosen not to pursue your application for this position