|Job Ref:||204789581||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
Mechanical Design & Development Engineer Role, Cambridge, £55,000 |
Huxley Engineering are recruiting for one of their clients in the Cambridge area who specialise in the design and development of advanced, cutting-edge technology, electro-mechanical products.
The company is a world-leading supplier, are at the forefront of new product development and pride themselves of innovation.
This exciting technology and products combine a mix of disciplined between mechanical, electronics and software.
This role is an ideal opportunity for an experienced, mechanical design and development engineer who is passionate about innovation and full life cycle, new product development from concept through to completion.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience in the below areas to qualify for interview.
* At least 5 years of job experience, preferably with a manufacturing company
* Strong 3D CAD skills including FEA / simulation (SolidWorks and/or ProE/Creo)
* Familiarity with designing for various materials and manufacturing processes including injection moulding, castings and machining
* Ability to use workshop tools
* A creative mind and hands-on problem solving abilities
* Experience with designing for high voltage / high current electricity will be of benefit but not essential
* Experience with designing for demanding outdoor environments will also be of benefit but not essential
Salary will be up to £55,000 + a great benefits package depending on experience, this may be flexible depending on experience.
Please send your up to date CV to Richard Joyce at Huxley Engineering ASAP for review