|Job Ref:||204790070||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dundee||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer | Dundee | Permanent | Attractive Salary Commensurate With Experience |
A leading global technology organisation is currently looking for an experienced mechanical design specialist to play a lead role in a specialist, multi-disciplinary team of engineers in the field of document handling module design. This team works on in-house developed and 3rd party document handling equipment used in the market-leading range of financial self-service solutions.
The main purpose of this exciting and challenging position is to design, evaluate, test and support devices used in document handling products. A key requirement is to have several years' mechanical design experience with a keen interest in the design of electro/mechanical systems.
Main responsibilities for the Senior Mechanical Engineer:
* Leadership of medium size multi-disciplinary design projects
* Propose and evaluate different technologies and provide direction with backup analysis
* Lead mechanical development activities, providing estimates, manufacturing options etc.
* Experience in the Design of Mechanisms, working with tooling suppliers and parts manufacture
* Proven track record delivering cost effective designs to specification and engineering standards
* Supplier engagement and change management
* Lead design validation via design reviews, design of experiments, stress analysis, assembly tolerances, testing and problem correction CLCA
* Release work products using the approved system with all relevant documentation required to implement your design change
Preferred Requirements for Senior Mechanical Engineer:
* A Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Hons 2:1 or better preferred).
* Strong understanding of Mechanical design principles and technologies.
* Design of plastics, bearings & sheet metal
* Minimum of 7 years related experience e.g. electro-mechanical equipment with moving/rotating parts
* Technology Expertise in the areas of:
o High speed, document feeding, sorting & stacking mechanisms.
o Autonomous, fault tolerant media handling systems under the impact of climatic variations.
o Simulation/ FEA
* Clearly understand documentation and the ability to work solely on problems as well as within a team environment
* Must be willing to work to and set high work standards and be a good communicator
* CAD (PTC Creo, ProE or Solidworks preferred)
* A good understanding of mechanical drive systems
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
* Work with Suppliers throughout project lifecycle