|Job Ref:||204790376||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dundee||Address:||Post Code:||DD3||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer | Dundee | Permanent | £ attractive salary|
A leading global technology organisation is currently looking for a highly experienced engineering consultant to direct a specialist, multi-disciplinary team of engineers in the field of document handling module design. This team works on in-house developed and 3rd party document handling equipment used in the market-leading range of financial self-service solutions.
Main responsibilities for the Consultant:
Development and management of:
* End to end module design programmes
* Technology roadmaps
* Strategic technology partners
* Device architecture
* Standards compliance
* Field Data Research
* Modularisation strategy
* Unit and development costs
Preferred Requirements the Consultant:
* Masters in Engineering; B.S. (Hons) in Mechanical/ Mechatronic Engineering
Technology Expertise in the areas of:
* High speed, document feeding, transportation, sorting & stacking mechanisms.
* Autonomous, fault tolerant media handling systems.
* In process document fitness, authentication, counting & sorting.
* Optical character recognition.
* Docking document cassette systems.
* Leadership of medium size multi-disciplinary design teams.
* Simulation / FEA
* Design of plastics, bearings & sheet metal