|Job Ref:||204790466||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
DATS are looking for an experienced Chartered or near Chartered Structural Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary consultancy in Manchester working on building structures projects with a value up to £100m. You will have a proven track record in the delivery of quality designs for building structures along with the ability to work with other Engineers, manage CAD Technicians and produce designs in a wide range of materials.|
As important as technical design ability, the successful candidate will have a sound understanding of the building process, procurement, design management and control and interaction with other stakeholders in the construction process. Our client will actively encourage you to establish yourself as a key contact with other consultants and partners. You will also represent the company at design team meetings.
• Involved in project design from commencement to completion.
• Preparing structural design calculations.
• Communicating with Technicians and supervising the production of design drawings.
• Supporting other Engineers in carrying out the project design.
• Carrying out Professional Development and maintaining records in accordance with ICE or IStructE requirements
• Ability to show initiative and drive and to manage time effectively.
• Chartered or near Chartered
• Degree qualified in Structural engineering or similar
• Experience in Building Structures projects
• Knowledge of UK Building Standards and Euro codes
• Ability to manage and drive a Design team