|Job Ref:||204790468||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£13.00/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
I am currently looking for an experienced workshop technician to work within a successful independent Commercial Vehicle garage covering a wide variety of vehicle repairs from cars to HGV's. We also offer a full roadside and recovery service and run an authorised HGV ATF lane.|
Based on the outskirts of Cambridge we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced technician to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
* Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles.
* Diagnosis and rectification of faults.
* Attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or at customer's premises.
* Liaise with parts department to attain parts.
* Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to.
* Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards, defect forms and service sheets are completed in a timely manner.
* Be part of a call out rota.
* HGV driving licence.
* At least 5 years' experience.
* Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles.
* Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to actively seek solutions to problems.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Good verbal communication skills.
* Excellent customer care skills.
* Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
* Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Hours: Full Time: Hours will be 6am-4pm or 7am-5pm as standard
Hourly Rate: £13 per hour (Overtime rate paid over 50 hours) - Call outs are paid out of hours and weekends and weekend standby when on call
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Aspire Cambridge Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy