|Job Ref:||204790542||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Halifax||Address:||Post Code:||HX1||Salary:||£23401 - £31660/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
Mobile Electrical Maintenance Engineer - West Yorkshire|
£23,401 - £31,660 per annum + excellent benefits
BTFS is a big player in the facilities management market. We're a subsidiary of the BT Group of companies and operate an all-encompassing building support service across BT's vast UK estate. We're now expanding our range of services and taking our skills and experience out to the marketplace.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Technician (Electrical biased) to join our team. This position supports the Facilities Manager providing reactive and pre-planned maintenance service to building engineering systems and services at various sites throughout the West Yorkshire region, including Huddersfield, Bradford, Halifax and Oldham.
• To carry out maintenance, fault finding and repair on all electrical systems as directed by the Facilities Service Manager
• Maintain all low voltage electrical distribution and connected power/ lighting systems and assist with all other PPM routines as instructed
• Maintain equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures connected to the electrical systems as scheduled or instructed
• Ensure that all repairs and installations are compliant with BS7671 wiring regulations
• Provide support to BMS Technician with fault finding and repair on low voltage AC/DC control systems
• Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking electrical work and document in full to ensure safe working practise
• Produce monthly and ad-hoc reports as required for the Facilities Service Manager
• Participate in an Emergency Call Out Service as required
• Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of BTFS technical services delivery as directed by line management
• Understand the environmental responsibilities and follow the BTFS environmental policy.
• Must have completed an apprenticeship or an equivalent formal training programme in electrical installation and maintenance
• Must hold a City and Guilds level 3 technical certificate or equivalent in an electrical discipline
• Must hold a City and Guilds 2382 Level 3 certificate in the requirements for electrical installations BS 7671 (17th Edition) or equivalent
• Appropriate knowledge of Health and Safety and environmental requirements related to delivery of the assigned tasks
• F Gas Category 1 (desirable)
• Full UK Driving License is essential. Van provided