|Job Ref:||204790547||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leamington||Address:||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
Lead Engineer - Mechanical - Continuious shifts (3"s and 2"s) - Leamington Spa - Circa £35K |
Jonathan Lee Recruitment are pleased to offer a new opportunity for a mechanically bias Lead Shift Engineer to work with our client, a manufacturer of fresh food products based in Warwickshire. The business operates from a purpose built fully automated plant and are seeking additional support from a Lead Mechanical engineer, ideally with some elctrical knowledge to deliver on equipment reliability, plant improvements and reactive maintenance.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
* Highly reactive to plant problems
* Contributes positively to the continuous improvement culture to identify improvements to plant and process
* Undertake ad hoc projects as required
* Ensuring the work area is clean and tidy and GMP is operated at all times and PPE is worn correctly
* Ensuring compliance with allergens policy, including the control of allergens on site
* Ensure all maintenance activities are documented as per the company procedures
* Attend and contribute to the site daily production/engineering meeting if required and complete daily report
* Use the Shires Pirana system to sign off completed work and raise new work orders
* Ability to be flexible and prioritise workload
* Adhere to the Food Safety and Quality Policy and technical procedures of the company
* Provide information to all other departments as and when required
* A good communicator able to report on issues and make suggestions for improvements in person, by writing or email
* Be adaptable to new technologies and machinery
* Assess a situation and take the best form of corrective action whilst liaising with other members of the Engineering Department
* Assist other members of the Engineering Team with breakdowns, repairs as and when necessary
* Train new Engineers and Apprentices
* Building effective cross functional interfaces, ensuring that the right level of service is provided
* Supporting NPD into the site, including product trials
* Any other duties as may reasonably be required of the job grade
* To install, maintain and repair electromechanical systems operating with low and medium voltage electricity under PLC control
* To install, diagnose fault and repair control instrumentation (e.g. level and conductivity probe, flow, pressure and temperature).
* In this highly automated factory, to diagnose faults on Allen Bradley/Schneider/SPX PLCs. Whilst there is no requirement to write programmes or HMI displays from scratch, there is a need to trace and rectify faults, adapt and save programmes and communicate changes effectively. To read ladder logic, input output lists and programmes
* To contribute to the development of preventative maintenance strategies, in running checks, condition-based monitoring and key performance indicators to maintain the highest levels of reliability
* Ensure "Quick Fix Repairs" are followed up with a permanent repair and all paperwork and procedures are followed.
To be considered you must be able to demonstrate a background in a relevant position within an industrial or manufacturing environment ideally working with automated machinery. You must be suitably qualified in a mechanical engineering discipline to HND or similar. Candidates with electrical knowledge, even if not qualified will be at an NA will be rewarded with a competetive salary, 23days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing through service) 6.5% pension following probationary and ongoing development.
For more information you can email or click apply to submit your CV
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency