|Job Ref:||204790797||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Sutton in Ashfield||Address:||Salary:||£11.72/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
I have an exciting new opportunity within a long established manufacturing organisation in the aerospace sector, using a variety of Machining and Fabrication processes to manufacture their products from our modern purpose built facility located in Nottinghamshire.|
The company concerned supply components into the civil and military Aerospace and Defence industry sectors, and have a vision to develop these and wider markets making the working environment fascinating and challenging.
A requirement has now arisen for an experienced 4/5 Axis Machinist to join the company.
Duties and responsibilities
This position reports directly to the Machine Shop Team Leader, residing within the Manufacturing Supervisor's area of responsibility within the operations team.
* Experience of running HAAS, DMG (mainly) & Hermle machines - to cover multiple programs & product spread.
* Experience of working multiple machines.
* Setting and operating above machine types (Spindle probing, Datum setting, key characteristics and G,D&T, tool offsetting, program selection/saving, Balluff handling).
* Reading 2D engineering drawings.
* Recording productive time on manufacturing systems and managing Route Cards.
* Partaking in team activities such as 5S, TPM, SQDCP board discussions, OEE and other improvement activities.
* Self-inspection of parts produced, resolving Non-Conformance (NCR) issues.
* Experienced use of standard measuring systems and methodologies.
* The Ideal candidate will have an academic background if possible with NVQ level 3 / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering.
* Requires time served on programming / editing via Heidenhain & Siemens control systems, Fanuc controls
* Industry experience - Aerospace (ideal), Nuclear, Medical or Automotive (high end), Motorsport: all with high tolerances (+/-0.01mm, Airbus SO4 and S104 stds).
* Working to AS9100 / EASA Part 21 (G) standards (ideal).
* Able to cover shifts as required (rotating days/nights, some weekends or days)