|Job Ref:||204791196||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Luton||Address:||Post Code:||LU3||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
We are looking for a candidate with a Mechanical or Electrical Qualification who will be responsible for the engineering, design or upgrade of water treatment pumping systems and layouts (seeing the project through from start to finish)! |
The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining and developing the internal and external client relationship, assessing and estimating equipment requirements & costs, production of project management plans, delivering and execution of project, management of successful installation and commissioning of projects.
Ideally, you need to be based in and around Hertfordshire/Essex and ready to travel to client sites (about 60%, home-based for the remaining time). You will visit client sites with Account Manager and will be the technical expert on the products that GE have to offer and offer advice on best layout of the system to suit their needs in their plant.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career... it is not about your job title... it is about who you are.... It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters... do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world's digital industrial company.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds' brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
• Work with current account managers, customers and prospects to meet equipment needs.
• Work with direct line manager to assess technical solutions for more commercially acceptable methods.
• Coordinate support resources to deliver costs and systems on or below budget.
• Participate in customer site visits to design chemical dosing solutions while assessing product, pressure and flow requirements, on site restrictions or operating approaches.
• Manage customer satisfaction levels and escalate any customer concerns to minimise customer satisfaction.
• Proactively provide execution improvement suggestions.
• Review Chemfeed Qualifier (CFQ) and Innovation template for technical information.
• Reviews and clarify with Chemfeed lead and/or Account Manager.
• Request photos from account manager & further information or Site Visit by Engineer or Engineer + Subcontractor.
• Generate a Scope and/or review client specifications
• Produce working drawing/sketches.
• Determine material requirements and request quotes.
• Determine SAP referenced items and list prices.
• Generate Cost sheet.
• Validate Order Scope against offer.
• Validate Costs and Sell Price against offer.
• Obtain valid offers from suppliers for out of date quotes.
• Clear issues such as no equipment line in the contract, no value to equipment line, contract set up etc.
• Produce a project costing sheet removing unordered options or adding additions and/or update costs.
• Ensure project margin is within any pre agreed DOA.
• Complete Material Requisition for Site and Sub Contractor Delivery.
• Send Quotes, Costing Sheet, Customer PO & Requisitions to Customer Services (CS).
• Attend site visit or Kick of Meeting (KOM).
• Produce drawing and obtain approvals.
• Confirm supplier technical details and grant approvals.
• Produce project plan.
• Manage the delivery of all parts.
• Produce RAMS or Review Supplier RAMS.
• Attend Site Acceptance Test.
• Ensure Timely Invoicing.
• Electrical/Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Project Management or bespoke engineering experience in water/process treatment company, industrial plant (steel mill, power plant, chemical plant), OEM Chemical pumps and/or Instrumentation projects department.
• Availability to travel on average 60% of the working week within assigned region and wider on occasions when needed.
• Possession of UK driving license required without limiting restrictions or endorsements.
• Proven time management and organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities with a strong customer focus ethic.
• Ability to work in a pressurized environment.
• Organized and able to obtain evidential data on project commercials.
• Excellent communication skills and able to relay scope and commercial changes fast to the business.
• AutoCad skills.
• MS Project Experience.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
• Previous experience using independent thought processes to plan ahead, process information, and anticipate future needs of the team.
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction.
• Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet multiple deadlines.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
• Work within a matrix management structure across several different department with several different drivers.
• Effective benefit-oriented presentation skills.
• Comfortable in new and customer facing environment.
• Development skills with high integrity.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
To submit an application, please select the 'apply' button that links directly to the GE career site