|Job Ref:||204791870||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum DOE||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
JOB- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer|
SALARY- £35,000 - £45,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer within Birmingham to work with a fantastic client who specialises in the design and manufacture of Automotive Parts
My key client is a leader within the industry, and is seeking an experienced Mechanical design engineer to join their successful team.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is required to have:
* A mechanical Engineering Degree
* Very strong experience in mechanical analysis to include strength of materials and fatigue behaviour
* Experience of both software based and theoretical calculations
* Experience of both metals and plastic materials
* Extensive experience of developing products involving mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies for medium to high volume quantities.
* Good understand of manufacturing processes enabling design optimised for manufacture.
* Excellent CAD skills ideally PRO-E user covering modelling & detail drawings.
* 6 years' Experience
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is desired to have:
* Knowledge of rotating components such as bearings, seals, gears, pulleys would be advantageous.
* Knowledge of hydraulic systems.
* The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
* An understanding of automotive project management systems is not essential but would be useful.
* The minimum experience that would likely fulfil this role is 6 years post graduate design experience.
* Report writing.
If you are a senior Mechanical Design Engineer who is interested in the position, please apply with an updated CV
Premier are acting as an employment agency