|Job Ref:||204791914||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
Senior Highway Engineer - Bristol|
A leading provider of Highways Design & Management consultancy across the UK and Middle East are currently experiencing a period of growth, fuelled by a record order book and significant contract wins. Due to ambitious plans they are looking to recruit a Senior Engineer to join their growing team in Bristol, who will manage and be responsible for the delivery of technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client's brief.
* Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, traffic order making, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
* Managing the delivery of technical outputs of project teams.
* Contributing to technical excellence and innovation across the team.
* Contributing to Value Management / Engineering to support Principal Engineers and Project Managers in ensuring that schemes are delivered with innovation.
* Deliver improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects and lead task groups where appropriate to develop, communicate and implement SHEQ improvements.
* Carrying out the checking, certifying and authorising for issue designs, documents, approvals, Professional Skill and Care Certificates and reports.
* Technical input to the agreement of project briefs, proposals and deliverables with Project Managers.
* Ensuring that delivery is achieved in accordance with organisations management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
* Develop the talent within Highways Design & Management by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
* Support line managers with provision of information on the technical performance for appraisal reviews.
* Take responsibility for own personal development with the support of line manager and following an agreed development plan.
They are seeking an individual who understands our values and expresses commitment to them. They want thier staff to strive continuously to innovate in how they perform and work with our clients and to deliver excellence.
* A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
* To be a chartered / incorporated member (or equivalent) of a relevant professional institution.
* Or demonstrable experience. Knowledge & Experience:
* Have knowledge and experience in highways or general civil engineering projects and be able to check the technical outputs of the team prior to issue for authorisation.
* Knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within organisation or a similar consultancy business.
* Able to carry out technical compliance checks for project team outputs.
* Fluent spoken and written English.
* IT literate.
* Ability to work without supervision essential, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
You will receive an exceptionally competitive Salary & Benefits package, Career progression path from Day 1 and the opportunity to work on some prestigious projects.
Please note, there are other opportunities for Highway Engineers of all levels with this organisation, get in touch.
For more information, please call Euiain Herring at Carbon60 'The Best Construction & Engineering Recruitment Agency 2016' on:
* (Apply online only)
* (Apply online only)
* Or connect with me on LinkedIn.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency