|Job Ref:||204791980||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Trowbridge||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:36|
My client are a large automotive parts manufacturer located in Trowbridge, and due to growth are now looking to recruit an EHS Coordinator to join the team on a permanent basis.|
The role will report directly into the Manufacturing Manager for the site, and you will work alongside the management team within the business providing advice and where appropriate practical help on all aspects of Health and Safety, Environmental Protection and Fire Safety.
* Accident & incident investigation & prevention.
* Administration and investigation of employers' liability claims against our client.
* Carrying out all types of risk assessments as required by UK safety and environmental legislation, production of action plans and progressing improvement actions.
* Carrying out audits and inspections as required to comply with legislation and maintain certification.
* Provision of training according to the need identified by risk assessment, or required by legislation. This is to include induction training.
* Production of monthly reports on various EHS measures as may be specified by site management.
* Development of existing site procedures to meet changes in legislation or in best practice.
* Liaison on behalf of our client with enforcing authorities and other relevant organisations, e.g. Health & Safety Executive, Local Authority, Environmental Protection Agency, Fire Authority, LRQA auditors/assessors, etc.
* Liaise with Occupational Health in all matters relating to the company.
* Facilitate the monthly health and safety meeting and follow up actions.
* Facilitate the monthly environmental management programmes meeting and follow up actions.
* Ensure annual environmental management system review happens in a timely and correct fashion.
* Ensure senior management is made aware of our EHS obligations (and in particular to highlight any areas of non-compliance with legislation, consents or applicable standards)
* Other duties and tasks that may reasonably be expected of the EHS function.
Skills / Experience Required
* Experience in industrial health and safety
* Able to plan and execute work with minimum supervision
* Able to write concise and clear reports to managers at all levels
* IT literate - able to use Word, Excel & PowerPoint to a reasonable standard
* Competent Risk Assessor
In return my client offer a competitive salary and benefits including 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance etc