|Job Ref:||204792047||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Waterloo||Address:||Post Code:||HD5||Salary:||£70000 - £80000/annum Pension, car, bonus||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:37|
Crewit Resourcing are the dedicated recruitment partner to BCM Construction and we are looking to recruit a Senior Commercial Manager to join our growing and ambitious company. This position will be based in our Waterloo office but will require travel to our other offices around the South East/South West to manage the whole team.|
BCM Construction are a Principal contractor to Network Rail and operate across a number of disciplines within the rail and London Underground networks. We also operate as a tier 2 supplier to some of the major players within the sector. We are in a period of growth and as part of our company wide project, we are looking to treble our turnover and grow significantly in terms of personnel and as such this role is a key appointment to our expanding rail business.
The Senior Commercial Manager is responsible for all Commercial matters from tender stage through to contract completion. Primary duties include leadership of a commercial team, oversee several projects with various forms of contract. Optimisation of margin on projects and protecting/mitigation of commercial risk, appointment and management of sub-contractors, client negotiation and management. Provision and delivery of periodic financial reports.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has the ability to communicate and build relationships effectively with all stakeholders, with a view to gaining repeat business from our client base. The individual will be a dedicated worker who has the ability to work independently and make important decisions when necessary. The candidate will have excellent attention to detail and produce quality documentation that is subject to audit scrutiny.
• The ability to lead and manage a team of commercial staff
• Manage continual professional development of all staff members
• Manage and have an overview of all contracts within the business
• Be an expert in the administration of contracts, especially target cost forms
• Provide expertise during tender and procurement
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or commercial management
• A chartered member of MCIOB, MRICS or equivalent (or on the way to becoming chartered)
• Working commercial knowledge in the rail industry
• Experience with various forms of contract, in particular Rail and lump sum contracts
• Excellent leadership and man management skills, ideally some formal training in this field.
• Operated as a Senior Commercial Manager, with direct line management responsibilities, within a rail business previously
On offer is an excellent career opportunity to help lead and build a growing commercial team with an attractive salary and package.
To learn more and to register your interest in this opportunity, please forward your CV or contact (Apply online only) for a confidential conversation