|Job Ref:||204786159||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£400 - £420/day||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:57|
Batch Scheduling Product Support Engineer - Distributed and Mainframe|
AutoSys/ Mainframe/ Batch/ Unix/ Linux/ AIX/ Solaris / Windows Server/ 2008&2008/ IBM Mainframe zOS/ TCP/IP/ PERL/ SQL/ JAVA
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows Server including 2003 &
2008. IBM Mainframe zOS
Networking: TCP/IP, Network diagnostics, Internetworking/configuration.
Languages: Unix shell scripting, VB, SQL, PERL & Java.
You will be responsible for;
* The support of the Batch Processing for a UK Public Sector Client.
* Respond to new batch requirements which go beyond the current setup of the tooling and suggest solutions and estimate effort required and risks involved for implementation.
* Keeps the batch scheduling software maintained at vendor supported levels, applying patches, fix packs and upgrades as necessary.
* Installation and on boarding agent software according to client requirements.
* The Support the installation and integration of new instances of the Batch Scheduling software and work with project managers to migrate the batch between instances.
* Comply with the established procedures and standards for quality management, incident management, problem management and change control.
* Act as an operational point of contact for the account.
* Provide input to any request to assess the impact of additional non-standard services requested by an account using their experience and client specific knowledge.
* Responsible for following through the requests put forward for Move/Add/Change requests.
* Submit and make sure all change management procedures are adhered to.
* Provide reports on progress to management as required.
* Carrying out any day to day checks which are part of the normal duties of the Scheduling Product Administrators