|Job Ref:||204786719||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chelmsford||Address:||Post Code:||CM2||Salary:||£6500/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:57|
We are seeking to recruit an Apprentice IT Technician to assist in the maintenance and support of the School`s ICT infrastructure, hardware and software.|
As an IT apprentice, your role includes:
Working closely with the IT Systems Manager and the IT Support Team, the role will involve assisting with the effective operation of the School`s network, equipment and systems including completing routine maintenance, daily equipment checks, cleaning and monitoring computer equipment, and adhering to the network security processes. Setting up equipment for presentations. Duties will also include providing support to staff and pupils in the use of the School`s ICT facilities, preparing facilities for class use and assisting in the delivery of IT development projects as well as some work in the reprographics department.
Here`s what we`ll expect from you:
- To be an effective and engaged member of a highly motivated and successful team
- To be interested in and excited by technology
- To be a keen learner - interested in acquiring new skills and learning new approaches
- To be a good team player - helping in the running of the organisation eg answering the phone, responding to queries, taking messages etc
- To be a good communicator - willing to speak with, help and inform our customers
- To be an excellent time-keeper
The day to day tasks and duties of the role:
- To monitor and respond to all tickets which are logged via the helpdesk. Where needed escalate the tickets for further support
- To act accordingly and respond quickly to any abuse to the IT infrastructure
- Maintenance of staff and student devices, both software and hardware
- Installation of new printers both in required rooms and on the server
- To ensure each classroom`s IT is maintained and ready to be used
- Hardware Diagnostics
- Software Troubleshooting/Support
- Server Management
- Network Understanding
What skills and experience do I need?
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
- Problem solving
- Logical thinking
- Clear and professional communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative
- Willingness to learn
Your Accelerated training programme
Firebrand offers a unique Level 3 IT Apprenticeship scheme. We provide the fastest award-winning industry training and certifications with on-going support - all with the ultimate goal of securing a long-term IT career.
During your one-year programme, Firebrand provides residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our accelerated training means you'll achieve certifications with partners like CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills into practice within a professional working environment. When you complete your programme, you'll have enough industry-recognised qualifications for a great career in IT. You'll be registered by the British Computer Society (BCS) to the Register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Future career prospects
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 12 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you may have the opportunity for a permanent position