|Job Ref:||204786999||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Andover||Address:||Post Code:||SP10||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:57|
Technical IT Operator - Material Handling / Automation / Manufacturing
I am currently looking to recruit a Technical IT Operator to join my client based in Andover, Hampshire. This is a shift based role will include nights and weekends.
My client is world leader in innovation within the automated distribution retail sector.
What do we need?
• Good technical ability relating to automation and software, this may include, but is not limited to:
1. Excellent working knowledge of IT, Software use and management
2. NVQ Engineering, Computer Sciences, IT or equivalent Apprenticeship
3. IT software training and appropriate experience
• Strong analytical skills, good problem solver.
• Good communication skills both verbal and written and good interpersonal skills, able to analyse and impart knowledge.
• Good organisational ability, able to prioritise.
• Self-motivated, consistent and able to work at pace.
• Computer literate in MS office package
• Physically able to carry out engineering software/hardware testing activities within the Warehouse.
• English Language ability such that able to read and understand safety information, technical manuals and data, and communicate clearly with colleagues to enable a safe environment.
Be familiar with basic unix shell commands to connect to remote hosts, authenticate and traverse the file system
• Be able to work with log files and extract relevant log lines through the application of commands used for file manipulation eg grep and cat
• Be able to work with XML and or JSON to change test parameters
• Be able to communicate and articulate issues
• Be able to use Jira to capture and record results
• To have an understanding of how software interfaces developed in technologies including Webservices and JMS are tested
• Be able to start/stop java applications and troubleshoot basic issues
• To have a basic understanding of tools used to query and integrate databases such as Cassandra and Postgres
• Be able to follow documented procedures to reset machinery
• Participate in daily wash - ups to review activities from the day before and agree plan for the day ahead
• Execute tests following test plans and direction from the test team
• Document and escalate faults to other work streams as appropriate
• Keep track and maintain a daily working log
• Provide hands on support for remote teams
• Adhere to safe working practices
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV . Please ensure you have rights to work full time in the UK.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful