|Job Ref:||204786709||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||West Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||WF17||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:57|
Manufacturing company specialising in IP and transmission equipment for the electronic security industry, looking for a Technical Support Manager to oversee the support team and offer technical support to customers and the sales team.|
Global manufacturer of video/data transmission equipment including Ethernet, wireless, and fibre, specifically designed for the electronic security industry. The company are well established and recognised in the industry and due to success are enjoying a period of growth.
Job Role Summary:
The Technical Support Manager will be overseeing the technical support team and offering technical support on escalated/complex support issues on products including Ethernet switches, routers, fibre, wireless hardware, NVRs, etc.
* Offering technical support on the full range of company products including covering both layer 2 and layer 3 devices and with an understanding of the other complementing technologies.
* Applying knowledge both on site with customers (which may on occasion involve travel both within the UK and abroad) as well as in house.
* Train customers on the use and deployment of equipment.
* Improve existing technical support as well as implement new systems and methods to ensure a first class support experience for the entire customer base.
* The role will cover both pre and post-sales support activities as well as assisting customers with the design of potentially complex wired and wireless Ethernet networks.
* Increasing responsibility for managing the growing technical support team.
* Ideally the applicant should be educated to HNC level or above in a telecommunications/networking field.
* Cisco CCNA/CCNP or other relevant qualifications would be a plus as would experience of the IP CCTV / Security market but is not essential.
* A high level of understanding of Layer 2 - Layer 3 based Ethernet technologies including VLAN's, Routing, OSPF, RIP, SNMP, IGMP, LACP, RSTP, ERPS etc.
* At least a basic understanding of wireless & cellular technologies.
* Familiar with Wireshark/SNMP and other network management and troubleshooting tools and software.
* A good understanding of server and standalone computer operating systems.
* Good customer facing skills.
* £50,000 + benefits
* North England