|Job Ref:||204787629||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Salary:||£60000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:57|
Supervise a team of Solution Specialists responsible for the complex: design, deployment, and support of IT and communications solutions for external and internal customers. Covering: customer solutions, shared infrastructure and internal IT infrastructure and services.|
(i) Management and Planning
* Ensure that overall performance of the team meets expectations
* Establish a Training and development framework
* Establish a Solutions Support Plan that continually develops the team and systems in line with business needs and industry best practice.
* Establish and develop an ITIL v3 based process framework covering internal functions and interfaces to other business functions.
* Supervise a team of Solutions Specialist responsible for providing:
o Pre-sales support.
o Design, build, test and deployment of shared infrastructure and complex services and solutions.
o Teir-3 technical support for: Internal IT, Shared Infrastructure and customer solutions.
* Provide functional support (as above) where required.
* Establish and manage a service catalogue for technical solutions and services.
* Provide the co-ordination point for managing the technical input for new bids, using internal, partner and 3rd party capabilities.
* Support Customer Services and Operational teams to develop, implement and enhance best practice technical support policies and processes.
Experience and Skills
* Significant experience of managing design and technical support teams.
* Significant experience in designing complex integrated technology solutions.
* Broad knowledge of IT and communications services and technologies.
* Experience of developing technology and service plans. Including the production of white papers and business cases.
* Experience of implementing ITIL v3 based process frameworks.
Good technical knowledge of the following:
* End user device support and configuration: PC, Printer, Mobile.
* Microsoft Operating Systems
* Active Directory and Domain management
* Security Technologies: Access control, Threat Management, AV, Content Filtering, IPS, DDOS.
* Network Technologies: LAN/WLAN/WAN.
* Server Technologies: Microsoft Server, Virtualisation.
* Storage Technologies: SAN architecture, Backup.
* UC Technologies: IP voice, Collaboration.
In depth technical knowledge (including recognised industry or supplier certification) in at least one of the following:
* Network Technologies: LAN/WLAN/WAN. Preferably Cisco, Juniper, or Dell.
* Storage Technologies: SAN architecture. Preferably Dell EqualLogic or EMC
* Server Technologies: Infrastructure. Preferably Cisco, Dell or Fujitsu.
* Server Technologies: Virtualisation. VMware or Hyper-v
* Server Technologies: Operating Systems and Applications. Microsoft windows, Microsoft server