|Job Ref:||204788157||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:57|
European IT Helpdesk Manager, UK|
Office Location: TBC (offices throughout the UK)
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Information Technology
Reporting to: European IT Manager
SLR Consulting Ltd is a growing successful global employee controlled consultancy with 1200 staff working across a range of Environmental and Engineering disciplines. Our busy IT team provide an invaluable range of internal support services to facilitate the smooth operation of staff activities on a day to day basis. We are seeking an experienced IT helpdesk manager to join a small but dedicated team of 1st,2nd and 3rd line technicians.
You will provide effective leadership & management for the global helpdesk to cover European operations first and second line services providing support to SLR employees and ensure that service levels are achieved including processes and procedures to provide effective customer service at all times.
You will be responsible for team development under your guidance including technical assignment, engineer performance review meetings alongside the IT Manager and suggest suitable engineer training. You will ensure of a professional approach in your team and ensure that any direction from the senior management team is followed and passed down appropriately. We pride ourselves on our fast, friendly and effective support and are an extremely valuable team within the organisation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee 100% of the European helpdesk calls, technical incidents and problems raised. Manage urgent and sometimes complex support issues and be expected to work with and be a point of escalation to 2nd/3rd line for all problems. Be able to determine root cause issues and communicate affectively between the helpdesk team and our staff.
• Provide suitable cover for 1st/2nd line engineers on a daily/weekly basis and in times of staff absence.
• Monitor and develop your own skillset to mould around the company direction but also mentor the helpdesk engineers career path development.
• Overview and create policy and procedural documentation on IT systems new and existing and input to the senior management team with ideas and improvements.
• Provide input into a new global helpdesk system which is currently in development and provide data analysis and reporting to improve the way the helpdesk team work and support our staff.
• Manage processes for communicating any service outage or out of hours work activities to the business. Provide input and maintain vendor relationships with our chosen IT hardware and diverse specialist software providers.
• Provide support to the European IT Manager and Global IT Director for budgetary requirements & project tasks in relation to the Helpdesk role.
• Have a willingness to work outside of core business hours (Apply online only)) throughout the week or weekend for any downtime hardware replacement or new system install or upgrades as required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE:
• Previous experience of at least three years in a Helpdesk/Service desk managerial role
• Past 1st/2nd line engineer background of case solving technical ability
• Proven ability to communicate at all levels, with both technical and non-technical audiences, and to simplify complex issues and concepts, both through verbal and clear written documents.
• Being able to perform in a high pressure environment
• Able to manage and balance a workload on the helpdesk & tasks with other senior team
• Professional understanding of modern IT technology and its application
• Equipped to take leadership of incident and problem management scenarios.
• Microsoft Products (Office 365, O/S, Office suites, Azure)
• ITIL qualification or understanding for IT service management
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP:
• GCSE / A LEVEL or Higher Education C grade or above
• Technical background with an IT based and minimum qualification BTEC first or higher
• Customer experience in a previous suitable role
• Degree level IT qualification
• Extensive knowledge or certification in a dedicated IT specialist area
• Environmental Consultancy services
• Customer training, people management skills and training
• A resilient, determined and confident team player, comfortable with making decisions and highly customer focused coupled with demonstrable people management skills.
• Owns a valid UK driving licence
Applications and Enquiries
To apply for this position, please submit your CV together with current salary details to our HR team
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact a member of our HR team