|Job Ref:||204789160||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG Competitive||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:58|
Data Manager -London|
About the Role
We are small start-up in Capita Group Business Development, currently composed of technical and industry experts and operating in an agile manner with a flat structure. We are looking for an enthusiastic Data Manager to play a significant role in the development of a tool which surfaces actionable intelligence for our clients.
You will seek out and productionise access to semi-structured data sources including social media platforms, data aggregators, forums, message boards, websites etc. and manage existing data provision.
What you will do:
* Management of relationships with data providers including negotiation of contracts.
* Proactive assessment, maintenance and optimisation of existing data sources.
* Identification and assessment of new high value data sources.
* Integration of new data sources into production environment.
* Develop and improve robust data acquisition process.
* Maximising value delivered by existing data sources.
* Identifying new data sources in response to client requirement/request.
* Working with the development team to identify, test and deploy new data sources.
* Liaising with development team based in Edinburgh.
* We operate a flexible timetable. This will not be a strictly 9-5 role.
Your Experience will include:
* Enthusiasm, curiosity and problem solving ability.
* Excellent knowledge of social media platforms.
* Experience of firehose, API and web-crawling.
* Exposure to html/php, databases and coding/programming.
* Able to manage time, prioritise and respond in a very fluid environment.
* High degree of personal responsibility and independence.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give holidays, a company pension scheme, medical and life assurance and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us