|Job Ref:||204789449||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Camberley||Address:||Salary:||£28000 - £32000/annum (negotiable)||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:58|
2nd Line/3rd Line Support Engineer |
An award wining employer where employee satisfaction is high and staff turnover is low. This is an employer where people come first, where the customer is truly valued, and employees genuinely enjoy coming to work.
Due to further expansion, we are looking for an additional IT support professional with outstanding customer liaison skills to back up their technical knowhow. You will need to have excellent communication skills, be comfortable liaising with clients at a senior level and delivering exceptional customer service.
You will be responsible for:-
• Managing and supporting clients' Servers and Network equipment
• Build and configuration of new solutions for SME businesses
• Installation of new solutions at client offices
• Troubleshooting issues with technologies such as:
o Connectivity - Routers, VPNs, Firewall rules
o Networks - VLANS, Managed Switches, Performance bottlenecks
o Servers - RAID, Virtualisation - inc P-to-V, Exchange, SQL
o Backups - configuration, data recovery
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Proven IT Support experience including diagnosing, repairing and solving hardware/software server and network related issues
• Proven previous experience in a customer facing role and excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to explain information in a professional and appropriate manner to clients of differing levels of technical knowledge
• Able to quickly learn new skills in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate an interest in new technologies such as Windows 10, and the latest features in SharePoint and Office 365
• Ability to work and remain calm under pressure
• Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail in work, and a desire to ensure the highest standards are maintained
• Ability to schedule tasks, meet deadlines, work unsupervised and set/follow procedures
• Full Driving License - this role will occasional travel to client sites
Desirable technical knowledge/experience:
• Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012, including Active Directory, File Permissions, DHCP/DNS services, Backup & Recovery and Group Policy
• Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/Office365 and their related client devices
• Microsoft SQL, IIS, SharePoint, RDS, Citrix and other server-related solutions
• Virtualisation solutions such as VMWare and Hyper-V
• Networking principles such as VLANs and VPNs would be desirable.
• Education to at least A-Level standard with formal IT qualifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA etc). A university degree whilst desirable, is not essential
This role would suit candidates looking to take the next step in their IT career. Opportunities to develop into areas of Solution Architecture, Project Management and/or Technical Account Management will be possible for the successful candidates.
The office hours are Monday to Friday, 9 - 5.30pm. Occasional overtime and out of hours work will be required. Applications in writing ONLY to our exclusive and retained executive search consultant. No agencies please