|Job Ref:||204790825||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £70000/annum Plus Benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:58|
So who will you be working for?|
Our client is the world's leading provider of mobile ticketing solutions for the transport industry, and is seeking a talented Java Developer in London.
**Job Description from client**
Our products are used every day by commuters in the UK, Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Athens and other major cities around the world, affecting millions of journeys every year and making waiting in line for tickets a thing of the past.
Our mission is to create stress-free, frictionless journeys for passengers and help streamline operations for transport agencies. We improve daily life around the globe by simplifying the way people move around cities. We strive to make the world a better place - one ride at a time.
As a member of our Hub team you will have a unique opportunity to interact with most of the systems that make up one of our most important and exciting platforms. Whether that is our retail server that allows customers to purchase tickets, or our validation devices that check if tickets are valid (like gate scanners or handheld devices), the continuous flow of data presents a number of very interesting challenges. How do we store it? How do we search it? How do we visualise it? And how can we help our customers make sense from the data and drive high value, highly visible changes to their transit networks?
If you enjoy being in the thick of it, co-operating with a multitude of very talented engineers and driving a product forward, Hub is the team for you.
**Where do you come in?**
- You are a Java Developer looking for a new challenge in an intimate team in London. You want your work to matter, so you are holding out for a great company that appreciates your talents and whose product is used and appreciated by customers all over the world.
- You have been working in Agile environments for a while now and you make sure your code is always of a high standard, well covered with unit tests.
- You enjoy collaborating with others (e.g. Pair Programming) but are equally happy to work alone at home when you need to get things done.
**Some tools we use:**
- Java 8 / DropWizard / Spring / Jersey
- Hibernate / MySQL
- SOA running on RESTful JSON
- JUnit / Cucumber / Gattling
- Git / Bamboo/ Maven / Artifactory / Puppet
- Fully cloud hosted, Puppet managed, PCI-DSS certified platform infrastructure (AWS)