|Job Ref:||204791302||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:58|
Batch & Interface Analyst - Birmingham|
About the role
Part of an existing team you will report into the BIMAS (Batch Interface, Monitoring & Alerting Solutions) team manager on a day to day basis, you will report into the Technical Services Manager when required.
Your responsibilities are varied and encompass skills and tasks ranging from scheduling automation to implementation, development, support and troubleshooting.
As part of the BIMAS team you will be expected it interact with all relevant internal support Teams, the Programme office and (when necessary) teams within the Business.
Attendance of meetings in support of the Team or as directed by the BIMAS Team leader, one of the requirements for this is the ability to communicate complex technical solutions in easily understandable dialogue both verbally & in documentation (emails etc.).
The team provides resource into development projects as well as ongoing scheduling automation, trouble shooting and levels of solution engineering on behalf of applications support, outlining both benefits and pitfalls of solutions.
About Capita | Service Birmingham
Capita Service Birmingham is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Service Birmingham is the partnership between Birmingham City Council and Capita. The agreement was set up in April 2006 to support Birmingham City Council in changing the way it works, using Information Communications Technology to pave the way
What you will do:
* The support of a commercially recognised scheduling automation tool
* Exposure to the support & maintenance of SAP CPS
* Assisting in the support & maintenance of the Northgate RBIS batch processes
* Assisting in the support & maintenance of the Northgate Housing batch processes
* Assisting in the support & maintenance of the SAP Voyager batch processes
* Ensure documentation is created, maintained and accurate
* Ensure adherence to the batch interface best practices & ensuring they are followed (design, build and operate)
* Ensuring adherence to the Incident, Release and Change management processes within the BIMAS area
Your experience will include:
* An understanding of a commercially recognised scheduling automation tool
* An ability to reverse engineer existing solutions/implementations when required
* An understanding of SAP CPS Redwood Automation software
* Demonstrable involvement in developing effective and innovative approaches to solving business/technical problems
* Knowledge of FTP/SFTP
* Good knowledge of ServiceNow
* Technical innovator
* A constructive communicator (at all levels)
* Strong attention to detail
* Self-starter - take an idea and run with it
* Active Listener
* Is respectful and supportive
* Has a positive can-do attitude
* A professional approach
* Open minded
* Knowledge of or exposure to SAP-CPS
* Knowledge of SAP systems and front end such as Voyager financial system
* Knowledge of Northgate Revenues & Benefits or Housing scheduling knowledge and support.
* A knowledge of Local Authority or Government working practices
* A proven/substantiated exposure to an enterprise level monitoring & alerting solution
* Exposure to interface, monitoring alerting solutions (Tivoli software suite)
* ITIL - a good understanding of process & requirements
* WINTEL skills (configuration - trouble shooting)
* An understanding of firewalls
* An understanding of Network technologies
* A working understanding of Project Management methodologies (Prince2)
* Exposure to Tivoli
* Knowledge of JAVA (development/troubleshooting)
* A working knowledge of:
3 SAP Solution Manager
5 Solar Winds
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme as well as access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us