|Job Ref:||204791779||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:58|
My client is a successful and ambitious company built around an excellent engineering team involved in the design, development and manufacture of rugged electronics devices.|
In recent years, my client has grown significantly. The Company has offices in Lisburn, Leeds and London and employs over 120 people. With an international market presence, ambitious plans for continued growth and cutting edge technologies, they are at the forefront of their market place.
My client is currently looking to recruit a Technical Author to work on some new and exciting projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Writing & updating Build instructions (including Photography) for Production personnel
* Writing & updating Product Inventory "Checklists" with associated BoMs & Price Lists within the Business Management ERP software
* Writing & updating User Guides for external and internal customers
* Production and editing of video material for external and internal customers
* Liaising with Evaluation, R&D and Production personnel on documentation requirements & issues
* Attending design meetings and liaising with the Engineering team to gain an understanding of the technology to be presented
* Acting as a representative for the R&D Team in Operational Meetings as necessary
* Supporting other authoring requirements when required
* Any other duties as required to fulfil company requirements
Qualifications & Experience:
* A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar Technical Authoring / Writing role
* Extensive experience using Microsoft Word, Adobe illustrator and Photoshop
* Knowledge of Industry Standards within the Electronics, Mechanical and Software based engineering sectors
* Experience with Adobe In-Design or similar DTP package
* Experience with Adobe Premiere, Techsmith Camtasia or similar
* Experience with Enterprise Resource Management software
We look forward to hearing from you!
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation