|Job Ref:||204792041||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Islington||Address:||Salary:||£22.91 - £24/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:58|
Oneserve Repairs IT System|
UAT Coordinator - Job Brief
Islington Council is introducing a major new IT system to manage its repairs and planned maintenance work in the housing department. The majority of responsive repairs are carried out by the in-house direct works team of some 100 operatives who carry out around 70,000 repair jobs each year. The council has over 25 contractors who carry out repairs and planned maintenance work. The IT system will be used by over 500 people including staff working for contractors and is due to go-live in April 2017.
The IT system is Oneserve, a field service management system designed to be configurable to manage a wide variety of job management situations. Oneserve will replace an existing IT system and the council has reviewed all its repairs processes to ensure that it can benefit from the facilities that Oneserve offers. Oneserve will also interface with several external IT systems including Northgate, the main housing management database, Synthesis, a new diagnostic tool to be used by the call centre, a document management system, a web service for customers to order repairs, IT systems of some contractors and parts and materials suppliers.
The council requires an IT analyst experienced in user acceptance testing of major new IT systems to build and organise the UAT for the entire Oneserve system including interfaces. The UAT Coordinator will:
* Plan the UAT programme.
* Determine the tests that need to be carried out to validate the Oneserve system, both contract specification requirements and the functional needs of business users.
* Develop the testing scripts.
* Set up and run the process to gather the results of the UAT so that progress and outcomes can be assessed on a daily basis.
* Train the nominated staff who will carry out the UAT programme in the test process.
* Organise staff to carry out the UAT programme within the timescale.
* Organise the process to assess the results of the UAT as the testing progresses and resolve issues as they arise.
* Produce a comprehensive report on the outcome of the UAT that complies with the contract requirements to justify payment to the supplier of Oneserve.
The successful candidate will:
* Have demonstrable experience of creating and organising UAT of a new systems or major upgrades of existing systems.
* Have demonstrable experience of writing scripts to carry out UAT.
* Have demonstrable experience of training and organising staff to carry out UAT.
* Be able to coordinate the UAT process, gather and record results as they come in
* Be able to set up and lead workshops with IT staff and business users to evaluate the results of UAT and resolve issue that arise.
* Have excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to work with work with staff at all levels of the organisation, the developers of Oneserve and external partners.
* Have excellent report writing skills.
The UAT Coordinator role needs to start immediately to ensure the project timetable is maintained and will continue until the end of February 2017. The role is anticipated to be full-time but the council is willing to consider part-time working provided that the timescale of the project is not compromised.
Go-live for the Oneserve system is scheduled for 3 April 2017. Training of staff will take place between 20 February and 31 March. UAT is planned between 2 January and 10 February. The timetable requires the complete UAT programme to be ready by 2 January including development of all the scripts, training of staff in how to carry out UAT and a process to gather and record tests as they are carried out